It’s understandable to have a lot of thoughts, feelings and decisions going through your head if you find yourself or someone you care about facing a teen pregnancy. Sometimes those thoughts and feelings can be very stressful and overwhelming.
One way to begin sorting through your thoughts is to ask yourself these questions…
- How do you describe yourself?
- How do you think other people describe you?
- How do you want to describe yourself in the future?
- What goals do you have set for your future?
- Who do you want to be in a year, two years, and five years? What do you want to be doing?
- How would a child change your life now and affect the goals you have set for your future?
Sometimes the answers to these questions will help you choose the right path, whatever that path may be. It’s important to take care of your body, mind and soul when going through a stressful change like this. Keep in mind that there is support no matter which path you choose; you never have to be alone.
http://www.sexetc.org/faq/teen_parenting Helpful site, this has a list of articles on all the questions you are asking yourself while going through a teenage pregnancy.
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/reproduction/peeing_on_a_stick_all_about_pregnancy_tests Everything you need to know about pregnancy tests!
http://www.yourbackline.org/ Good site, has a pregnancy-specific hotline, and resources for dealing with having a baby, getting an abortion, and doing an adoption.
http://www.stayteen.org/get-informed/default.aspx Statistics and facts about teen pregnancy and about getting a game-plan to get you prepared
Want to hear more from other youth who know what you’re going through? Check out our blog posts on Teen Pregnancy.